Contains per ml:
Amoxycillin trihydrate 150 mg.
Gentamycin base 40 mg.
Excipients ad 1 ml.
The combination of amoxycillin and gentamicin acts synergistically against a wide range of infections caused by both Gram-positive (e.g. Staphylococcus, Streptococcus and Corynebacterium spp.) and Gram-negative (e.g. E.coli, Pasteurella, Salmonella and Pseudomonas spp.) bacteria in cattle and swine. Amoxycillin inhibits mainly in Gram-positive bacteria the cross-linkage between the linear peptidoglycan polymer chains that make up a major component
of the cell wall. Gentamicin binds to the 30S subunit of the ribosome of mainly Gram-negative bacteria, thereby interrupting protein synthesis.
Cattle: gastrointestinal, respiratory and intramammary infections caused by bacteria sensitive to the combination of amoxicillin and gentamicin, such as pneumonia, diarrhoea, bacterial enteritis, mastitis, metritis and cutaneous abscesses.
Swine: respiratory and gastrointestinal infections caused by bacteria sensitive to the combination of amoxicillin and gentamicin, such as pneumonia, colibacillosis, diarrhoea, bacterial enteritis and mastitis-metritis-agalactia syndrome (MMA).
Hypersensitivity towards amoxycillin and/or gentamicin.
Administration to animals with a seriously impaired hepatic and/or renal function.
Concurrent administration of tetracyclines, chloramphenicol, macrolides and lincosamides.
Concurrent administration of nephrotoxic and/or ototoxic preparations, intravenous calcium supplementation, iron supplementation and non-steroidal antiinflammatory preparations.
For intramuscular administration. The general dosage is 1 ml per 10 kg body weight per day for 3 days.
Cattle: 30 – 40 ml per animal per day for 3 days.
Calves: 10 – 15 ml per animal per day for 3 days.
Swine: 5 – 10 ml per animal per day for 3 days.
Piglets: 1 – 5 ml per animal per day for 3 days.
Shake well before use. Do not administer more than 20 ml in cattle or more than 10 ml in swine and more than 5 ml in calves per injection site to favour absorption and dispersion.
- For meat : 30 days.
- For milk : 2 days.
Vial of 100 ml.
Expand your vocabulary and learn how to say new words:
Please leave a Like, a Comment, and Share.
Bookmark us and share:
1) How to Pronounce Bacampicillin Hydrochloride
2) How to Pronounce Hydrochloride
3) How to Pronounce Mefloquine Hydrochloride
4) How to Pronounce Gonadorelin Hydrochloride
5) How to Pronounce Amiodarone Hydrochloride
6) How to Pronounce Cocaine Hydrochloride
7) How to Pronounce Naftifine Hydrochloride
8) How to Pronounce Meclizine Hydrochloride
9) How to Pronounce Phencyclidine Hydrochloride
10) How to Pronounce Impramine Hydrochloride
11) How to Pronounce Fluoxetine-hydrochloride
12) How to Pronounce Flurazepam Hydrochloride
13) How to Pronounce Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride
14) How to Pronounce Nalbuphine Hydrochloride
15) How to Pronounce Isoproterenol Hydrochloride
16) How to Pronounce Betaine Hydrochloride
17) How to Pronounce Acriflavine Hydrochloride
18) How to Pronounce Betazole Hydrochloride
19) How to Pronounce Buprenorphine Hydrochloride